Monday, March 28, 2011

Jazmin Mock Up


Here's an example of my recent attempts at drawing digitally using Photoshop. I worked entirely on the computer for this piece, using my Wacom tablet as a digital "brush" to "ink" the image. I also wanted to personally try my hand at lettering on the computer too, using Adobe Illustrator. I've never done this before and I'm happy with the results. I had no plans for this piece, just that I wanted to showcase my character Jazmin, who fights zombies in the far future. It looks like a page from a story, but I just wanted to invoke the mood I'd like to use in a possible full Jazmin story. My next step is to color this using Photoshop... 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Shamus, I am pretty floored that this was done digitally. Usually you can really tell the difference between real media vs. digital.

    Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! Yeah, I tried to make it look like traditional inks, I worked on this slowly over a couple months as a break between my other paid work. I wish I could focus on a personal graphic novel full time, oh well :/

    ReplyDelete